Monday 28 May 2012

Life as an Alien: Identity of Muslim Woman

Written by: Deeba Chaudhry
Source:  Calgary Ahmadiyya Muslim Examiner


First of all, I do not really have idea where I come from, where I belong to and which country is my home. Whenever someone ask me, I stop for a moment and wonder what is it people really want to know about me. Who am I? Is that, they want to know where I was born? Where I grew up? Where I have lived as a grown up human being? Where I live now a days? And sometimes, I also wonder, if they asking about my religion? It troubles me to be so scattered, so fragmented, so much removed from a center of thought. I am all and at the same time I am nothing. I believe its easy to answer these question for someone and even fun. Just like someone said, “home is where the heart is.” Perhaps this is true! Peace and love has always been magnet for humankind. It is half the sky, the raggedy part that needs to be there for us for the safety, for the freedom, and for the acceptance. It is a name as long as history with enough vowels for each of its children to claim.

Read article:

No comments:

Post a Comment